CM Hall lens clips

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dabrowski on March 16, 2012 at 12:47:30 [URL] [DELETE] :

Not long ago I bought a set of CM Hall headlights for my 39 9n and they were complete except for the "W" shaped lens clips and bulbs (and sealing gasket). I got a set of bulbs from Don Barkley at Just8n's, but the clips were another matter. Following the archive forums one mention of New Holland having a clip on their parts list got me over to Kukenbecker New Holland in Madera, CA where I asked about a set of E1ADKN13061 clips. They checked the books and the clips were still listed under Dexta/Major and might be still available. At $2.91 each I decided to try ordering 10 of them, six needed, four for spares and experimentation. They came in a week later and I just installed the lens in the bezel with them. They are a perfect fit.

It turned out they come in a standard package of ten each to the dealer (made in the UK), which was a coincidence, but could make a difference to the dealer because selling a lesser amount might leave him with stock he will never move making them hesitate on ordering them.

Richard Kukenbecker the dealer in Madera still displays his 9n s/n 366 with the aluminum hood in his parts lobby-this was the first 9n delivered from Ford to California, the dealership kept it as a demonstrator and it was never sold. The original owner of the dealership used it on his own farm and it became involved in a barn fire there, and suffered some minor damage. Richard restored it pretty fully and it is worth a look if you are ever passing through the California Central Valley-he also has a 2N tug and a 47 vintage 8N on display.

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1331920050">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]