How on earth does one oil the steering gear box ? 8N

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Chisler on June 30, 2017 at 11:02:18 [URL] [DELETE] :

This is a deep question and will need the power of every one on this one . even the ford manuals don't know how to fill the steering gear box. On the 9n Some one broke a hole in the top of my gear box so one can oil .I fill the top of the steering wheel and let it drizzle down in . There is no oil box on a 9n it just runs down into the transmission . No wonder I had to replace those sector gears ( ford has a better idea ) Make no way to lube the important steering gears . NOW on the 8n all the books say there is a oil plug on the right side but I am not planning on dismantling the hood dash and everything else to get some oil in the steering box. assuming there actually is a steering box on the 8N . I think there is and they put some oil in when it left the factory .I know there are some steering wheel collars that have a grease fitting on the side . What am i missing here ? is it just me or is there actually a way to oil the thing with out dismantling the tractor down to the last nut and bolt ?

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1498834938">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]