Message for Don B

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John (TR) on May 13, 2010 at 19:59:46 [URL] [DELETE] :

Don,
I appreciate your offer to help. Here's what I have. 9n sn 40570.
original fuel valve I do not have but am interested if you have one.
This is my genny, dont mind the color, the camera on the BB has been acting wierd since an upgrade. Its a Ford genny but I think you are going to tell me the tensioner is for a 2n. This is a fresh overhaul from the local tractor electrical shop.

This is my 43 2n and I'm guessing that this is the correct tensioner used as an upgrade to the 40. I can swap gennys.

Heres my ignition switch, its older than dirt but I don't know if its original

Heres the working ammeter I was going to use, still cleaning it up. I have a lead on an original oil pressure gauge but have made no commitments as of yet.

Heres a cutout I picked up somewhere, don't know if it works but I cleaned it up and painted it. I don't mind used if it looks ok and works.

Some other goodies

How she looks tonight (colors are off in camera)

Still on the fence over the front lug nuts but if you can get them from Dennis I'll probably go new. Also have the heat shield for the muffler. Should be nice when complete, I have 2 early radiators at the shop currently being R&R'd. I've always wanted an early N. I'm not concerned about the originality police or bragging rights but I think its neat to be able to look something today thats 70 years old and looks like it just rolled off the assy line, thats kinda my goal.

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1273795186">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]