Re: Distributors are happy now

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 10, 2017 at 07:33:53 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Distributors are happy now posted by Farmer Dan on September 09, 2017 at 16:54:12:

Cool beans. FYI: I haven't tried my local NAPA lately but the last time I was there they said their front mount rotor and condenser part numbers weren't coming up. It may be time to add them to my NO-FLY ZONE LIST of suppliers not to support. The list so far has TSC, CNH (most of the time), and I just added Fastenal. I can get most basic hardware at CNH for $2 per pound but everything else is way overpriced and they do not make the MC-134D hydraulic oil any longer. The other places want $2 just for one nut and that's only if stocked! Fastenal moved in a few years ago, forced a place called Mid-States Nut & Bolt out town, and never have what I need, just like TSC, and the only place open on Sundays is TSC. Mid-States is around everywhere but here, the closest being 25 miles away but they always had what I needed and if not it was there the next day with no added shipping charges.

If you need any 3/64" Cotter Pins for the points, just holler. For a close substitute for the 91A-12159 Distributor Coil Contact Screw, look at this from McM-Carr. It is a brass 8-32 x .31" socket head cap screw. The original screw has a radius dish on the head for the coil contact spring pocket. The head diameter on the original is .344", this one is only .27" but the 9/32" hex pocket may be sufficient to act as the coil spring pocket. The length on their sizes offers a 5/16" screw but I'd opt for the longer 3/8" one as shown in the LINK in case you need to raise the height up with a washer in order to make sufficient spring contact, but the head width on both are the same at .165" so either the 5/16" or the 3/8" length size will work. I'm just suggesting this until we find an OEM source or someone to make some.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1505043233">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]