ATTN: TOH - TIMNG JIG

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley (MI) on March 02, 2024 at 11:46:20 [URL] [DELETE] :

Dan-
I don’t think this is you unless you moved to Texas. I was scrolling thru ebay this morning and spotted this item; interesting to say the least. It is one of your front mount timing jigs, listed at $42. Description says it is part number 9N12000, which is the actual real part number for the early 9N distributor so that is a lie and it is a FORD product.
Now I’m not sure if this is legal or not but I think because it is out in the public domain there is nothing you can do. About a year ago I spotted on ebay JMOR’s WIRING PICTOGRAMS in an auction AD. It hadn’t had any takers then and I never checked back to see if anyone bought one. I passed it on to Jesse then. I thought I bookmarked it but could not find it on my ‘WATCHING’ list. Also, about ten years ago I saw and AD on ebay for a DEARBORN manual that was pilfered from here and my collection. How did I know? I have the original and it has some penciled in writing marks on it and was clearly the same manual. This manual I posted in the NTC MANUALS FORUM so it should still be there. I contacted the seller and said he stole the manual from the NTC, and I was the original owner so was pursuing legal action against him. He ended the auction early and I never saw it again though I wasn’t planning on contacting a lawyer anyway. I just thought I’d share and make others aware there are unscrupulous people out there in it for a quick buck. The sad part is some poor soul is not aware of TOH or the NTC and will buy it off ebay for more than what Dan charges. Caveat Emptor.

FORD N TRACTOR FRONT MOUNT DISTRIBUTOR TIMING JIG:

Current ebay ad:
…ebay.com/itm/155647812491

Tim Daley (MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]